CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Jan. 26, 2017 – Ready, set, vote! Deb Group announced today the five finalists in the elementary, middle and high school categories for its official Happy Hands Dispenser Design Contest, which promotes hand hygiene at schools. The public is invited to vote for their favorite student-drawn design to be displayed on the winner’s schools soap dispensers now through March 19th here: www.debgroup.com/us/happy-hands.
“We were so thrilled to see the amount of creativity, artistic talent and imagination that went into each and every submitted design,” said Isabelle Faivre, Vice President of Marketing, Deb North America. “Students hear hand hygiene is important all the time, but by highlighting the message through artistic expression, it makes educating and promoting clean hands at schools more fun and engaging.”
With emoji’s, astronauts and even scuba-divers, each finalist design shows the importance of hand washing in a unique, colorful way. The 2016/2017 Deb Group Happy Hands Dispenser Design Contest finalists include:
- Destiny C., 5th Grade, Park Elementary, Brooklyn Park, MD
- Tyler S., 4th Grade, Caldwell Elementary, Scottsboro, AL
- Delani R., 2nd Grade, Deick Elementary, SwartCreek, MI
- Eddie A., 4th Grade, Schrop Intermediate, Akron, OH
- Kinley J., 4th Grade, Caldwell Elementary, Scottsboro, AL
- Amir S., 6th Grade, Levey Middle School, Southfield, MI
- Laney P., 6th Grade, Newport Middle School, Newport, OR
- Laryn D., 8th Grade, Levey Middle School, Southfield, MI
- Karen P., 6th Grade, Newport Middle School, Newport, OR
- Chelsea I., 7th Grade, Levey Middle School, Southfield, MI
- Veronica V., 10th Grade, University High School Academy, Southfield, MI
- Uriah L., 10th Grade, Alliance High School, Alliance, NE
- Margaret H., 9th Grade, Alliance High School, Alliance, NE
- Harley H., 9th Grade, Alliance High School, Alliance, NE
- Lesley D., 11th Grade, Alliance High School, Alliance, NE
The student whose design receives the most votes in each category will receive a $200 gift card. Each winning students’ school will also receive a $500 donation and the winning designs will be custom printed for free on up-to 500 manual Deb soap/sanitizer dispensers for use at the students’ school.
Representatives from the Healthy Schools Campaign helped select 5 finalists in each category. Between January 25 and March 19, 2017, the public will be able to vote for their favorite design among the finalists. The designs receiving the most votes in each category will be announced on March 27, 2017.
“The Happy Hands Contest allows students to get involved in a healthy campaign while also expressing themselves in more than one beneficial way,” said Rochelle Davis, CEO and President, Healthy Schools Campaign. “We’re always trying to find new ways to show students, and even remind faculty, that handwashing can be fun, and this contest is the perfect solution.”
For more information regarding the Happy Hands contest, please contact Christina Alvarez at email@example.com or 214-720-5943.
About Deb Group
Headquartered in the UK and with North American headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., Deb Group provides dedicated skin care programs for a wide range of industries and organizations that value their employee and customer well-being.
In 2014, Deb Group acquired Stoko Professional Skin Care to become the world's largest specialist occupational skin care company. The combined organization encompasses 23 companies operating in 19 countries, with Deb products used over 150 million times every day. The Deb product lines include Travabon®, Stokoderm®, Refresh™, Estesol®, Solopol®, Kresto®, Deb InstantFOAM®, Stokolan® and KrestoGT™.
In 2015, Deb Group was acquired by SC Johnson, a privately held, family company and one of the world’s leading manufacturers of household cleaning products, and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care. To learn more, visit www.debgroup.com.