BioCote® antimicrobial protection technology is incorporated at the time of manufacture into the plastic buttons of all Deb manually operated, wall-mounted skin care dispensers. The button is the primary contact point for people using these dispensers and BioCote® technology provides life-long antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of a broad spectrum of bacteria and moulds that could potentially cause illness.
BioCote® is a silver-ion based technology that is effective, long-lasting and safe.
Effective – reduces bacteria, mould and fungi on the surface of BioCote treated Deb dispenser buttons within as little as 2 hours and achieves up to 99.99% reduction over a 24-hour period*.
Long-Lasting – it maintains its antimicrobial performance for the lifetime of the dispenser button and will not wear off, wash off or leach out.
Safe – Silver is regarded as non-toxic and is therefore a safe and natural alternative to synthetic, organic antimicrobial agents.
Scientific studies prove that BioCote® treated Deb dispenser materials reduce high levels of bacteria in comparison to untreated materials.
How does BioCote® Silver Technology Work?
- Microbes contaminate surface of BioCote® protected dispenser button
- Silver-ions incorporated into the plastic material are permanently available to act against the microbes.
- Silver ions act against microbes in three ways:
- Silver ions combine with microbial proteins in the cell and cell wall
- Silver ions interfere with DNA replication
- Silver ions promote formation of reactive oxygen species
- Microbes are deactivated, the button is protected and continues to reduce microbial levels by up to 99.99%
Deb skin care dispenser buttons protected with BioCote® antimicrobial technology can be expected to harbour significantly lower levels of microbial contamination and reduce the risk of cross-contamination. BioCote® protected dispenser buttons continuously fight against microbial contamination for the lifetime of the Deb dispenser.
* Efficacy is independently validated by ISO methods