Millions of school days are lost each year due to illness. Help reduce the spread of germs in your school by educating your pupils on the importance of washing their hands with soap.
As part of the national curriculum in England, the Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) programme for key stages 1 and 2, pupils should be taught how to maintain personal hygiene and improve their health and wellbeing.
It is vital for children to understand the importance of washing their hands and to raise awareness of how this can reduce the spread of germs which may develop into colds and tummy bugs resulting in time off school. To do this they need to be taught how to wash their hands and when by their parents and by teachers and carers at nursery and school.
Did you know? 60% of all absences across schools in England is due to illness (Source UK Department for Education)
Why Choose Deb
Save money and switch to Deb sealed cartridge soap dispensers
Why Bulk Fill Soap Dispensers Are Not Good Practice
Open and pour-in soap dispensers are not as hygienic as sealed cartridge systems. This is because they are open to the environment and can result in bacteria and germs breeding inside the dispenser.
Bulk fill systems are often inadequately cleaned and incorrectly refilled, continual refilling results in new soap being contaminated by old soap
Bulk soap refillable dispensers are prone to bacterial contamination - recent studies demonstrated that 1 in 4 dispensers are contaminated*
*Source: Hand Contamination And Bulk-Soap-Refillable Dispensers, Applied And Environmental Microbiology, May 2011
Benefits Of Choosing Deb Sealed Cartridge Dispensers
COST IN USE SAVINGS
- Less FOAM soap is needed compared to lotion soap, there are over 1,400 hand washes per 1 litre cartridge
- Deb FOAM soaps are very economical in use and equate to less than one penny per hand wash!
- FOAM soaps have better ‘spreadability’ than lotion soaps, which makes them more effective
- Deb dispensers deliver a measured shot of FOAM soap every time
- Deb dispensers are guaranteed for life against normal wear & tear
HYGIENIC & EASY TO MAINTAIN
- Sealed cartridges with integral pump to optimise hygiene levels
- Cartridges are quick and easy to change, with no mess or spills
- Deb dispensers require minimal cleaning compared to bulk fill dispensers
REDUCE WATER USE IN YOUR WASHROOM
- Using FOAM soaps can reduce water consumption for hand washing by 16 to 45%*
- All Deb cartridges are recyclable, minimising the amount of packaging waste to landfill
- Deb products are manufactured in the UK, which minimises the supply chain and reduces carbon footprint
- EU Ecolabel accredited Deb FOAM soaps are available
FULL SUPPORT PACKAGE
- Free to Deb customers: a range of point of use and educational materials to help increase compliance throughout your school
*Ann Durrant & Alexandra McKay, Media 4 Change
For the Teacher
We have created various resources to help you promote hand hygiene in the classroom, these include a pupil presentation that highlights the basics of why it is so important to wash our hands along with lesson activities and hand washing guides.
For the Children
To encourage and educate children on how, why and when they should wash their hands, download our free resources which include posters, stickers, and hand washing certificates.
Washroom Solutions for Nurseries and Primary Schools
Help reduce germ transfer and encourage hand washing in your school or nursery with Deb’s FOAM soaps and a selection of bright and attractive children’s dispensers to suit your washroom.
Hand Hygiene Brochure
Download our brochure on hand hygiene solutions for secondary schools.
Deb General Washrooms
Encourage hand washing in your school with Deb’s foam soaps and washroom dispensers. Public & Communal Areas provide Deb InstantFOAM hand sanitiser at potential germ hotspots.
Deb InstantFOAM Complete
For public & communal areas, Deb InstantFOAM Complete Hand Sanitiser is a highly effective, perfume-free, dye-free alcohol based foam hand sanitiser with moisturiser. Use without water to kill 99.999% of many common germs.