Our hands are the main vehicle for transmitting germs, 80% of all infections are transmitted by hands (Source US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Students need to be aware of the importance of general hand hygiene and have access to hand washing facilities with soap and hand sanitiser at germ hotspots. However, it’s not just about Hand Hygiene, we need to remember and encourage Occupational Skin Care best practice too.
Skin care requirements in colleges can be very diverse. With a wide variety of subjects and courses available to students, the type of skin care system required will vary in different departments. College is the best place to start to teach and implement best practice for occupational skin care.
Why Choose Deb?
Save money and switch to a Deb sealed cartridge system for all your skin care needs.
Why Bulk Fill Soap Dispensers Are Not Good Practice
Open and pour-in soap dispensers are not as hygienic as sealed cartridge systems. This is because they are open to the environment and can result in bacteria and germs breeding inside the dispenser.
Bulk fill systems are often inadequately cleaned and incorrectly refilled, continual refilling results in new soap being contaminated by old soap
Bulk soap refillable dispensers are prone to bacterial contamination - recent studies demonstrated that 1 in 4 dispensers are contaminated*
*Source: Hand Contamination And Bulk-Soap-Refillable Dispensers, Applied And Environmental Microbiology, May 2011
Benefits Of Choosing Deb Sealed Cartridge Dispensers
COST IN USE SAVINGS
- Less FOAM soap is needed compared to lotion soap, there are over 1,400 hand washes per 1 litre cartridge
- Deb FOAM soaps are very economical in use and equate to less than one penny per hand wash!
- FOAM soaps have better ‘spreadability’ than lotion soaps, which makes them more effective
- Deb dispensers deliver a measured shot of FOAM soap every time
- Deb dispensers are guaranteed for life against normal wear & tear
HYGIENIC & EASY TO MAINTAIN
- Sealed cartridges with integral pump to optimise hygiene levels
- Cartridges are quick and easy to change, with no mess or spills
- Deb dispensers require minimal cleaning compared to bulk fill dispensers
REDUCE WATER USE IN YOUR WASHROOM
- Using FOAM soaps can reduce water consumption for hand washing by 16 to 45%*
- All Deb cartridges are recyclable, minimising the amount of packaging waste to landfill
- Deb products are manufactured in the UK, which minimises the supply chain and reduces carbon footprint
- EU Ecolabel accredited Deb FOAM soaps are available
FULL SUPPORT PACKAGE
- Free to Deb customers: a range of point of use and educational materials to help increase compliance throughout your college
*Ann Durrant & Alexandra McKay, Media 4 Change
Hand Hygiene and Skin Care Solutions for Colleges
Find The Right System for Your College
To find out the right skin care system for every area of your college download our brochure.
Free Support Materials
To improve compliance and encourage students to wash their hands with soap, a selection of support materials are available FREE OF CHARGE to Deb users.
Deb Hand Hygiene and Skin Care Range
View all the products within the Deb Stoko and select your preferences to identify specific products to meet your needs.