Millions of school days are lost each year due to illness. Did you know 60% of all absences across schools in England is due to illness? (Source UK Department for Education)
Our hands are the main vehicle for transmitting germs, 80% of all infections are transmitted by hands (Source US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Germs and bacteria that cause common illnesses are invisible to the naked eye and can make us ill
- Germs are transferred by our hands, spread by people-to-people contact and through touching everyday surfaces
- Poor hand hygiene may lead to increased illness
- Illness results in pupil absenteeism and can affect the students' learning progress
Help reduce the spread of germs in your school by educating your students on the importance of washing their hands with soap.
Why Choose Deb?
Save money and switch to Deb sealed cartridge soap dispensers
Why Bulk Fill Soap Dispensers Are Not Good Practice
Open and pour-in soap dispensers are not as hygienic as sealed cartridge systems. This is because they are open to the environment and can result in bacteria and germs breeding inside the dispenser.
Bulk fill systems are often inadequately cleaned and incorrectly refilled, continual refilling results in new soap being contaminated by old soap
Bulk soap refillable dispensers are prone to bacterial contamination - recent studies demonstrated that 1 in 4 dispensers are contaminated*
*Source: Hand Contamination And Bulk-Soap-Refillable Dispensers, Applied And Environmental Microbiology, May 2011
Benefits Of Choosing Deb Sealed Cartridge Dispensers
COST IN USE SAVINGS
- Less FOAM soap is needed compared to lotion soap, there are over 1,400 hand washes per 1 litre cartridge
- Deb FOAM soaps are very economical in use and equate to less than one penny per hand wash!
- FOAM soaps have better ‘spreadability’ than lotion soaps, which makes them more effective
- Deb dispensers deliver a measured shot of FOAM soap every time
- Deb dispensers are guaranteed for life against normal wear & tear
HYGIENIC & EASY TO MAINTAIN
- Sealed cartridges with integral pump to optimise hygiene levels
- Cartridges are quick and easy to change, with no mess or spills
- Deb dispensers require minimal cleaning compared to bulk fill dispensers
REDUCE WATER USE IN YOUR WASHROOM
- Using FOAM soaps can reduce water consumption for hand washing by 16 to 45%*
- All Deb cartridges are recyclable, minimising the amount of packaging waste to landfill
- Deb products are manufactured in the UK, which minimises the supply chain and reduces carbon footprint
- EU Ecolabel accredited Deb FOAM soaps are available
FULL SUPPORT PACKAGE
- Free to Deb customers: a range of point of use and educational materials to help increase compliance throughout your school
*Ann Durrant & Alexandra McKay, Media 4 Change
For the Teacher
We have created resources to help you promote hand hygiene in the classroom which includes a pupil presentation that highlights the basics of why it is so important to wash and sanitise our hands.
For the Students
To improve compliance and encourage students to wash their hands with soap, a selection of support materials are available which include posters, stickers and hand wash guides.
Washroom Solutions for Secondary Schools
Help reduce germ transfer and encourage hand washing in your school with Deb’s FOAM soaps, sanitisers and a selection of dispensers to suit your washroom.
Hand Hygiene Brochure
Download our brochure on hand hygiene solutions for secondary schools.
Deb General Washrooms
Encourage hand washing in your school with Deb’s foam soaps and washroom dispensers. Public & Communal Areas provide Deb InstantFOAM hand sanitiser at potential germ hotspots.
Deb InstantFOAM Complete
For public & communal areas, Deb InstantFOAM Complete Hand Sanitiser is a highly effective, perfume-free, dye-free alcohol based foam hand sanitiser with moisturiser. Use without water to kill 99.999% of many common germs.