Developed by national skin cancer charity, Skcin, the Sun Safe Schools national accreditation scheme is the UK’s most comprehensive FREE resource to assist primary schools in; creating a suitable sun safety policy; communicating with parents to raise awareness and gain support from the wider school community; and educating pupils on the importance of sun safety, to influence behaviour and prevent skin cancer.
How to Gain Your Sun Safe Accreditation
Your school must complete a 4-step process and provide us with feedback on-line following completion of each step. Extensive, quality resources are delivered to each school and provided on-line to help you achieve each step effectively and efficiently, with maximum impact, confidence and with minimum strain on valuable time and resources.
Schools that register to take part receive:
• A comprehensive welcome pack and accreditation guide designed as a back-up resource to our on-line facility, including hard copies of all printable resources.
• A hard copy of the book ‘George the Sun Safe Superstar’ for your school library
• Sun Safe Superstar stickers for all children
• Sun Safety information booklets for all parents to raise awareness and support within your school community
• Unlimited access to all on-line resources
To find out more or register to take part visit: sunsafeschools.co.uk